It’s a big claim, I know, but I’m 100% certain that this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl is simply the best.
I’ve been enjoying this smoothie bowl or an acai bowl pretty much every day of the week recently. I’m just obsessed. So I thought it’s only fair to share with you my favourite go-to recipe.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl is just like chocolate ice-cream: creamy, chocolately, sweet and indulgent — only it’s completely free from refined sugar, dairy and egg. And it’s healthy enough to have for breakfast!
To keep this smoothie bowl macro-balanced, I add in two tablespoons of vegan protein powder to the bowl, but this is entirely optional.
And if you feel like taking this smoothie bowl to another level of chocolate indulgence, top your bowl with Homemade Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Magic Sauce (recipe below).
I hope you enjoy my Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl as much I do!
- ⅓ cup rice milk, or other plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder of choice (optional)
- 2 large (or 3 small) frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- granola or muesli
- banana slices
- coconut pieces
- cacao nibs
- Begin by blending the rice milk, cacao powder and protein powder first (omitting the protein powder if not using).
- Now place the frozen bananas and peanut butter into the blender with the cacao, rice milk + protein mix, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add desired toppings.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Magic Sauce
(closely adapted from Fork & Beans Raw Chocolate Sauce recipe)
Makes ¼ cup
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
pinch of salt
Whisk all the ingredients in a small jar until no lumps remain. Drizzle over smoothie bowls, on cakes and cookies, on porridge, or in smoothies.