I hope the chocolate-addicts are rejoicing right now because I sure am. This Healthy Vegan Chocolate Thickshake is wickedly decadent. The chocolate flavour is rich, smooth and sweet without feeling overly heavy, while the Raw Choc Sauce creates another level of chocolatey heaven.
This Chocolate Thickshake is packed with natural protein and fibre, with no refined sugars. So next time you’re craving something sweet, get out the blender and give this unbelievably decadent chocolate thickshake with a raw chocolate sauce a go.
- Thickshake Ingredients
- 1 & ¼ cup plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tbsp choc vegan protein powder (if not using, replace with another tablespoon of cacao powder)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 medjool dates
- Raw Choc Sauce (Makes ¼ cup)
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- For the raw choc sauce: Whisk all the ingredients in bowl until no lumps remain, then transfer to a sauce bottle. (You can use it to drizzle over smoothie bowls, on cookies, porridge, or in smoothies.)
- For the thickshake: Start by adding the milk, choc vegan protein and cacao powder to a blender and blend until well mixed. Then add in the remaining smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Before transferring the thickshake into a jar, drizzle the raw choc sauce around the inside of the jar. Pour in the thickshake and add more choc sauce on top.