This is for all the toast lovers out there looking for something different from your average PB+J or plain avocado. These vegan toppings are delicious, easy and healthy!
Toast is one of my all-time favourite snacks or breakfast (and sometimes dinner when I’m feeling extra lazy). There’s something so comforting about the smell of bread toasting, and something so satisfying about slathering on your favourite topping. But if you’re anything like me, you may get sick of your classic toppings, such as peanut butter, simple avocado smash, or jam.
Enter two of my favourite toast toppings — they are classics with a twist that will ensure a delicious toast snack time. The first is smashed avocado with dukkah + lemon juice, and the second is almond butter with blueberries + cinnamon.
This is more a how-to than a recipe, as there’s not much involved in making toast, but I thought it would be nice to share with you some different toppings. I will definitely be adding to these Top Toast Toppings in the near future — hint: caramelised banana with…
But first, let’s begin the Top Toast Toppings series with two of my go-to healthy, delicious toppings.
- 2 slices of quality sourdough bread
- ⅓ large avocado
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- ½ – 1 tsp dukkah seasoning
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- handful of fresh blueberries
- Cut two thick slices of bread and toast to your desired amount.
- For the avocado smash, mash the avocado on the toasted sourdough using a fork, followed by a squeeze of lemon, dukkah and salt & pepper.
- For the almond + blueberry toast, spread almond butter on the toast, following by a pinch of cinnamon and a scattering of blueberries.
- Enjoy immediately – it pairs perfectly with a mug of tea!